Would you like to join our elite, award-winning nursery where staff are valued and listened to? Our very special daycare nursery offers high quality childcare and aims to be an extension to each of our little one’s own family. We really do things differently here; we are a ‘home from home’, deeply passionate about providing the best possible start to each of our little one’s learning journey. We put children’s individual needs at the heart of all we do and take time to encourage days full of adventure and exploration as children learn and grow with us.
“In the blink of an eye, our baby has grown into a “big boy”, who is confident in himself, friendly, independent and happy all because of you. Thank you for helping him shine and for giving him the best possible start in life.” Quote from recent nursery parent.
We are offering you the opportunity to join our team and seek the below members to support our current practitioners.
Fulltime Nursery Practitioner (to cover 1 year maternity leave)
Part time Nursery Practitioner (3.30 pm to 6.30 pm) x 5 days
Bank Staff Member
- UK Nursery World Award Finalist for 2019
- Voted a Top 20 Nursery London in 2018 and 2019 out of 1,959 nurseries by Daynurseries.co.uk & voted for by parents
- Awarded our Healthy Early Years Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards for promoting health, wellbeing & school readiness in our setting
- Awarded Apprentice Employer of the Year
- Featured for Best Practice by the national publication Nursery World for “We’ve Explored Tubes” – an example activity of how we extend and challenge our pre-school children (19th March – 1st April 2018 Nursery World edition)
- Filmed by Early Excellence for best practice
We are extremely proud of our fantastic staff team and recruit only high calibre professionals to work in our nursery, where children’s individual needs are at the heart of all we do and where children are encouraged to discover, explore and investigate the world around them.
Individuals must be experienced, caring and professional with a sound understanding of the EYFS, an ability to support children’s learning and development in a creative and flexible way as well as sharing our nursery’s ethos and aims (please see our website for details.) Applicants should also have strong communication skills with children and adults, a comprehensive knowledge of child development and the key person approach.
In return, we offer our staff the opportunity to be involved in a friendly and growing nursery which values their staff; providing excellent support and communication. We are an innovative and creative team, constantly striving to further develop our nursery with leadership from a Manager who has over 30 years’ experience. We are committed to the ongoing professional development of each staff member and have pleasure in offering an excellent staff benefits package.
Staff Benefits include:
- (Apprentices) Enhancement of minimum apprenticeship wage
- (Apprentices) We offer 1 study day and a max of 30 hours per week work in nursery whilst training
- 6-month induction programme
- In-house training & access to further training courses
- Continuing Professional Development opportunities
- Excellent career & progression opportunities
- 2 staff parties a year
- Approachable & open-door policy of management
- Staff team building events
- Quarterly restaurant vouchers
- Annual Staff Awards Ceremony
- Staff finders reward for fulltime and parttime staff
- Annual staff questionnaires where staff ideas are progressed
- Regular all staff management presentations
- Complimentary staff fruit bowl selection (supplied weekly)
- Excellent transport links
Essential: For our fulltime post a Level 2 or 3 early years qualification or above. Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C in English and Maths. A passion for childcare and being open to new ideas. For part time roles we would consider applicants who do not necessarily have early years qualifications but have the aptitude, experience or passion for working in early years. For nursery apprentices, we look for a passion to study childcare and the right aptitude and dedication to complete the Level 3 qualification.
Desirable (for full time & part time staff not apprentices) : Minimum 1-year experience of working in childcare but we would prefer in excess of 2 years. IT literate with sound knowledge of Microsoft applications.
All posts subject to satisfactory references.
Full details of our current positions can be found on our website http://www.littleadventurersnursery.co.uk/join-us/
For a preview of our wonderful nursery please visit our Facebook page and watch our short film www.facebook.com/littleadventurersnursery
For independent parent reviews on our nursery please visit https://www.daynurseries.co.uk/daynursery.cfm/searchazref/65432217023
To apply please email with a covering letter and state which post you are interested in applying for together with a full CV. We look forward to hearing from you!
Our staff are so important to us and we have high staff morale throughout the team. Here are a few comments from our fantastic team :
“Working here with Ginny and the team has been a reminder to me about why I wanted to be in childcare – to give high quality care in a loving and supportive environment.”
“I can truly say that Little Adventurers is the most warm, fun and loving nursery”
“ I love being part of an enthusiastic, loving and brilliant team!”
” Little Adventurers in my opinion has the best home away from home feeling and provides rich learning experiences.”
“This nursery is so different from others I have worked in; the homely atmosphere has a positive effect on the children and staff…”
“I feel privileged and proud to be part of the Little Adventurers Team”